recent observations


    A PERFECTLY LOVELY DAY

    B had yesterday off, which happens to be his only entire day off (that is not a holiday of some sort) for the entire time I am off.  So it was our one and only chance to spend some time together, by ourselves, for the rest of the year.  It's unusual that we go and do things alone together.  We always seem to be with friends or family, which is perfectly nice, but sometimes it's nice to just be able to be ourselves and be geeks about food and art and not have to worry about making sure everybody is having a good time and is okay.

    So we went to lunch at The Ravenous Pig, which we had never tried, and therein I ate the last salad I may ever need.  It had roasted cauliflower, fingerling potatoes (which are just SO CUTE) and tiny roasted green beans on wilted radicchio with a mustard vinaigrette.  And then they put steak on top.  Seriously.  YUM.

    B had a big 'ol blody burger with HOMEMADE PICKLES on top.  Are you kidding me?  Who takes the time to make pickles anymore?  The Ravenous Pig, that's who!  And then we had their 'Pig Tail' desert, which is deep fried pastry with in house chocolate sauce.

    It was majorly good.  Major.  We must return to eat everything they make.

    So then we went to our quarterly viewing of the exhibits at the Cornell at Rollins. They had a great Josef Albers exhibit, which made me think of color theory class in college, and then I got an overwhelming urge to color-match some different parts of something. (I guess I'm missing work a little...) CFAM always has interesting shows, and always a good mix of shows. We need to become members.

    And then B took me to the Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar. Which was pretty laid back and awesome, and makes a decent cup of coffee.  It is also where they have sci-fi tv viewings (Lost, Heroes, et al), which I can see would be a good time.  Comfy sofas, and whatever they were making for the dinner special smelled delish.  It just had a good vibe.  I was wishing I had brought my computer.  I might have stayed for the dinner.

    And it's right next door to Beefy King.  Next time...

    I have to say, it was REALLY nice to visit some independent places.  We get so lazy about just going somewhere 'cause its convienent, and not necessarily because its great.  Or even good, really.  We need to make our limited dollaz count these days.  And support the locals.

    No comments:



    design & content by Melissa Sikorski - 2008
    portfolio.sapidity.net


    This design started with a template from Amanda at bloggerbusters.com

    (Amanda, you rock.)

    Creative Commons License

    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    So don't be a punk-ass and steal my stuff. Simply ask me.