recent observations


    TIMES, THEY ARE A CHANGIN' (BACK TO NORMAL)

    Well. I'm posting this from my dining room. We've decided to join the future and go wireless. So now, when we've got peeps with wi-fi, we can hook 'em up. Oh, and like work on the internet in the dining room of all places. It's pretty awesome. We're regretting not doing it this way from the start.

    We really did it because my sister Rach is now living with us. Which, when I originally said yes to her, I had horriffic flashbacks to when we both lived at home and REALLY didn't get along. shudder

    But, you know what? It works. It's actually been sorta fun. It's nice to have another girl around on a constant basis. B just keeps muttering..."Oh God. There's two of them now..." with a look of horror on his face.

    He'll get used to it.

    In other news, I survived my first yearly corporate presentation at work, and now I can get on with my life. Hopefully things will get back to some semblance of normalacy and my life will consist of more than sleeping, driving and working in a constant 20 hour cycle.

    I'm really behind on my custom orders for Etsy, and I feel like a total jerk. The past month has been a rollercoaster what with Rachel moving in and prepping for that damn presentation that I just haven't had the energy to do what I would have liked on these pieces.

    I also came across an email (which I had just checked for the first time in like 3 weeks) for a call for entries for a SCAD affliated Small Works show here in O-Town. Due the end of October, and it's being held at a gallery that I've actually been to, so I'm going to try and get a couple more canvases done by then. I've gotten some good ones lined up so we'll see.

    I've missed the entire summer. The leaves are already starting to change, and we're getting cooler mornings. And there's so much fun stuff to be done. I love this place in the fall.

    Ahhh. It feels good to be back.

    3 comments:

    Trav said...

    Glad to hear all is well at work!
    Good luck with the Etsy stuff and the Small Works show!
    That's right up your alley!

    swirlogirl said...

    i wish i could get my ass together and come up with something for small works. ah well maybe next year. as for you, do it!

    Brian said...

    I'm just glad that Joe stopped by to offer up a gift card to Abercrombe!



    design & content by Melissa Sikorski - 2008
    portfolio.sapidity.net


    This design started with a template from Amanda at bloggerbusters.com

    (Amanda, you rock.)

    Creative Commons License

    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    So don't be a punk-ass and steal my stuff. Simply ask me.