recent observations


    WHAT I'M FEELIN' WEDNESDAY - NO. 16

    Still craving clean, white things. I'm not talented enough to wear white clothing, so my white fetish has to be in the form of home decor. The color is never too far away, though, I just can't help it. I'm about to go on a rampage with a can of white paint around the apartment, but hopefully B will stop me...





    Top, L to R: Fleur etched glass lamp from Crate and Barrel.com - almost a nothing lamp, love it; tea cups by Anna Kraitz at launchdesignpartner.com - love the colors of the glaze, earthy somehow; 'Animal Thing' horse lamp, pig tray table, and rabbit lamp by Front Design for moooi at frontdesign.se - these are either pure genius or absolutely ridiculous, I haven't decided yet - that horse is a floor lamp;
    Row 2, L to R: Tea Room Savannah - how I long for an afternoon at this place, if we were still living there, it's where I would spend my birthday. Sigh...; beaded retro halter from Forever 21; white quilting - LOVE the look of this, I want to re-do the guest room with stuff like this, but I know it would never work...
    Row 3, L to R: pearl grain switchplate by john keaton art and design at cafepress.com; 'Grace' chandelier by Louise Hederstrom at scandinaviandesigncenter.com - laser cut metal, then enameled white - YUM; gold ring necklace from delias.com - love how it sorta looks like bakelite
    Row 4, L to R: this is the SINGLE. GREATEST. CAKE. ON. THE. PLANET., and it will soon be leaving our realm completely (it's already gone from B's restaurant - damn new menu, grumble, grumble, grumble) BUT, not all of the restaurants have gotten rid of it yet (not till July), so some of B's peeps hooked me up a few days ago, and there are 2 pieces chilling in my freezer as we speak - I should start a whole underground ring of cake distribution and start stocking up for the end of the desert world...maybe I need to buy a deep freeze...dammit I can't believe they're getting rid of it. BAH!; Chantal red ceramic tea pot - I just love it's little shape, I want to hold it in my hands; white painted frames from presse-citron.com - mmmm, white textured frames
    Row 5, L to R: hexagonal ceramic floor tiles, I would buy our apartment if only to be able to replace the bathroom floors...; 'Things With Wings' by feanne at pusakal.com - I really love the overall quality of her work, so organic and lovely; battery operated flip clock by Furnicreations.com - love the little swatch of wood grain
    Row 6, L to R: Frillie Pepper flats from Aerosoles.com - I would buy each and ever color of this flat - adore the metallic trim; Key Ring (Mustang) by KielMead.com - taken from an actual key, then rendered in silver; Reading Is Sexy button from kateblack.etsy.com - so it is.

    God, looking at this stuff, you'd think I'd be turning 68, not 28 this year. What's up with that?

    Enjoy. Two years from now, when I'm bored and looking back at old posts, I certainly will.

    3 comments:

    Brian said...

    Great joke babe! Bringing me into a "What I'm Hating". You are so funny!

    swirlogirl said...

    you tell him girl! i hate when john leaves his socks in the bathroom. peeeyou!

    swirlogirl said...

    LOLLLLLLLLZZZZ



    design & content by Melissa Sikorski - 2008
    portfolio.sapidity.net


    This design started with a template from Amanda at bloggerbusters.com

    (Amanda, you rock.)

    Creative Commons License

    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    So don't be a punk-ass and steal my stuff. Simply ask me.