recent observations


    WHAT I'M FEELIN' AUGUST EDITION (+ SOME CATCH UP)

    So I've had all of these thing floating around on the ole' computer ever since I started the new job. So now, for your consumption:

    What I was Feelin' in late April (days before new job, at one of my lowest points of the past year; see also: INCREDIBLY HOMESICK FOR MONTANA)
    and
    What I was Feelin' in mid May (during agonizing first few weeks of aforementioned new job; could you tell I was trying to find a new design aesthetic?)

    (If you wanna know what any of this stuff is, drop a comment...)

    After that, I had a hard time from keeping my brain from running out of my head, so there wasn't much I was feeling except some sleep and the occasional beer. But now, I'm starting to get my shit together again (famous last words) and I'm starting to 'feel' again. But I can't do this more than once a month. There just isn't time people. But here's how I've been feelin' lately:





    Top, L to R: Composition CD by 5inch.com - I'm in a very back to school mood; Black Baroque Pinch mirror from Urban Outfitters - loving the sexy goth looks for fall; Grey Cardigan from Antrhopologie - I would rock the shit out of this cardi if I could afford it
    Row 2, L to R: Roxanne top - I will be rocking the shit out of this top 'cause it came from Forever 21 and I love the really long tie when it trails down my back (no bows for me); Geode bookends from Anthropologie - loving the nature trend right now; stamped leaf earrings from Forever 21;
    Row 3, L to R: Growth lighting by Christopher Poehlmann - Oh My GAH! so fantastic; trousers in general - go Kate Hepburn; Edo table by Hivemind design - I love that it looks like it may tip over at any second, but is made from iron - so beautiful;
    Row 4, L to R: Pinnacle Tea Set by Eva Zeisel - an original midcentury design that still looks new; Red Moto FONE by Motorola - I want this SO BAD - it's so slick looking and it's RED!; Iced Chai tea - had one from the Anandahpur Tea House at Animal Kingdom last week, and now I'm addicted
    Row 5, L to R: Allura flats by Nine West at Zappos.com - I'm really loving the low-key metallic that is bronze; 'Wooden' trash pail from the store Noho in Amsterday - faux bois a liscious; pinstripe jacket from Forever 21 - I've been wearing a lot of these little jackets to work lately
    Row 6, L to R: Geometric Garden Skirt from Forever 21 - love the color blocking; Twig Creamer Set from Koo de Kir - yummy; Illis pumps by Enzo Angiolini at Zappos.com - I've discovered that expensive shoes are the key to confidence (that's my story and I'm sticking to it...)

    Enjoy. Two years from now, when I'm bored and looking back at old posts, I certainly will.

    5 comments:

    Steph Calvert said...

    i have missed these what i'm feelings so much, cuz you're always posting super cool shit i wish i had! hooray!!!

    Mel said...

    Ahhhh, that's so suweeet. Tanks.

    PS. I almost bought your T'HANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for not smoking' shirt at Forever 21 the other day, but all they had left was small. And, well, I've never been a size 0.

    But I still freakin' love it!

    Captain Awesome said...

    black shoes, bottom right.. rock my world.

    Mel said...

    I MUST HAVE THEM. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17082012/c/72.html

    They're under $100. Did I mention Free SHIPPING?

    swirlogirl said...

    OMG i love that composition cd!



    design & content by Melissa Sikorski - 2008
    portfolio.sapidity.net


    This design started with a template from Amanda at bloggerbusters.com

    (Amanda, you rock.)

    Creative Commons License

    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    So don't be a punk-ass and steal my stuff. Simply ask me.